8.11.2010

Underrated but not defeated

Solange Knowles, wherever you are, if this ever reaches you, I love you.

You are amazing. I love Beyonce, but damn it your talent cannot be denied or hidden behind anyone. You are an extremely creative art[ist]. Like you said, "Aint nothin' really R&B about me..." but you remain soulful always.

The point behind my rambling is a cover Solange did of the Dirty Projectors' "Stillness is the Move" which is a pretty cool song in its original form. Solange asks everyone (via twitter) to listen to the original version first, then her cover. So honor her wish, my people. It's a cool song.



Listen with open ears, hearts and minds. Enjoy music :)

(the link so the original Dirty Projectors' "Stillness is the Move" has been removed. too large for space. please Youtube the video.)





OK! Now that you have (hopefully) watched/listend to both. How dope is that? Honestly, using Dr. Dre’s “Explosive" and Erykah Badu's “Bag Lady” beat is so crazy to me. I'm buggin' right now. I love this cover.

I heard Solange is working on her new album. Verrrry excited. Can you tell?

Yes, well, that was my excitment for the night. Off to the dreaded homework.

Later days kiddos,
A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment