7.31.2010

The age old question...

What came first: music or movies?

Film is my first love. I remember growing up in a decade where television was worth watching and you didn’t feel as though you were losing as many brain cells. You know, the late ’80s to the ’90s.

Movies to me were nothing more than a world that’s full of wonder, enchantment and many times sadness. I found myself living through the screen. I knew these characters; I knew their lives. In a way you become a part of the chemistry built on screen.

People who assume movie magic doesn't exist & believe everything is predictable don’t appreciate what they are watching. You are watching a story in movement. If you don’t allow yourself to be swept up in a film and treat yourself like a character, you’ll never experience the range of emotions in which directors, screen writers and actors work to make you feel. The only films that are emotionless are those made without [emotion]. And who wants to see that? We are all emotional creatures; we feed off of it.

I can’t say music is my second love; it may just tie for first.

Sound is as important as a picture. Before movies spoke, there was music and it said all the words necessary. Movies and music are brother and sister. It’s a diffcult thing, describing how music can move you. So I won’t. Just know I’m a fan and I plan to share all of my finds with you :)


It’s all about emotion. If you’re not feeling then you’re not living, then you’re not creating. “Life imitates art, imitates life…” as they say.

And with my lengthy intro, I hope the music & movie critiques are enjoyable. Randomness is my home, so I may throw in some poems/poets. This is all me spilling thoughts from my fingertips...


Later Days,

A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment